Montgomery County Public Schools are ranked among the highest for scholastic achievement in the country. Known for public school excellence, many home buyers concentrate their home search in Potomac and are willing to pay the premium for access to the Montgomery County Public School System.
Some facts about Montgomery County Public Schools.Largest in Maryland
- 17th largest in U.S.
- Students from more than 164 countries speaking 184 languages
- Total students 2012-13: 148,779
- Pre-K (incl. Head Start): 3,754
- Elementary (K–5): 68,332
- Middle (6–8): 31,530
- High (9–12): 45,163
Performance: 90% graduation rate
- AP participation: 66.1% for class of 2011
- National Blue Ribbon Schools: 35
- Average combined SAT Score (math, reading, writing): 1651
- Class of 2012 received $240 million in scholarships
Schools At A Glance - Comprehensive Reports for Every Elementary, Middle and High School in Montgomery County
Example of information available for home buyers in the Schools At A Glance Report.
SAT Scores Reported for Winston Churchill High School.
Average SAT Scores (83.2% Tested)
School County National Critical Reading
Main Page | Search Listings | Map of Area | Home Styles | Relocating | Sell Home | Schools |Real Estate Directory | Contact Us | Site Map